Do you want to learn how to find virtual assistant jobs?
One of my first side hustles was working as a virtual assistant. It was an enjoyable and flexible way to make extra money.
I found many different types of virtual assistant jobs, and the money I made helped me pay off my student loans quickly, stop living paycheck-to-paycheck, and become my own boss.
I think it’s a great way to make money, whether you are looking for a part-time or a full-time job.
This is because you can work from home, decide who you want to work for, and possibly even create your own flexible schedule.
Now that I run this site, I have virtual assistants who work for me, and they help keep my business running.
I don’t know what I would do without them!
Not only are virtual assistants valuable now, I believe that they will be in high demand well into the future. I expect that you will continue finding great virtual assistant jobs online because more businesses are being run online. Plus, technology has improved and many tasks can be done online.
Virtual assistant (VA for short) tasks may include social media management, formatting and editing content, scheduling appointments or travel, email management, and more. Basically, you can get paid to do any task that needs to be done in someone’s business but doesn’t need to be done by them.
This is a job that can bring in over $50,000 a year, and there is a lot of room for growth. So many people are looking for virtual assistants, so this can be a great career option to get started with.
If you are interested in finding part-time virtual assistant jobs or even full-time ones, I recommend signing up for the free workshop 5 Steps To Become a Virtual Assistant. Here, you will learn how to become a virtual assistant, even if you have no experience.
Content related to how to find virtual assistant jobs for beginners:
How to find virtual assistant jobs.
What is a virtual assistant?
Before we go any further, I want to make sure you understand exactly what it means to be a virtual assistant.
A virtual assistant is someone who works for a person, company, or business owner doing administrative and business tasks to help the business run smoothly. Think of VAs as the online version of an in-person assistant. You work online from home rather than inside someone’s physical business.
As a virtual assistant, you may be able to set your own hours and work a flexible schedule, or you may be working a set schedule. I find that most virtual assistant jobs have flexible hours, though.
Because of the flexibility, I know virtual assistants who live in completely different time zones or countries from where their clients live.
In addition to the flexibility, there are many positives of becoming a virtual assistant, such as:
- Making money
- The possibility of a flexible schedule
- Being able to work from home
- Choosing your own clients
- Being your own boss
Those are just a few of the benefits.
My friend Kayla is a full-time blogger, virtual assistant, and project manager who earns over $10,000 per month while working from home. She is also the founder of $10K VA, a course where she teaches you exactly how you can make a consistent $10,000 per month as a virtual assistant too!
I interviewed her at How Kayla Earns $10K/Month From Home as a Virtual Assistant, and we talk about:
- How much money you can make as a virtual assistant
- How to find your first virtual assistant job
- How to become a virtual assistant
That is a great article to read if you are interested in a virtual assistant’s view on common questions about finding virtual assistant jobs.
How much can a virtual assistant earn?
The amount of money you can make as a virtual assistant depends on many factors, such as your specialty, how many hours you’re working, the types of clients you work for, and more.
Usually, you can start out earning at least $15 to $20 per hour for a virtual assistant job, but sometimes you may be able to make double or triple that in the beginning. This just depends on the factors I just mentioned.
Full-time virtual assistants with a few years of experience and a steady client base may be able to earn over $10,000 a month.
What does a virtual assistant do?
A virtual assistant can do so many different things – it simply depends on what your client or company requires of you.
Common virtual assistant tasks include:
- Managing social media accounts for an online business owner, company, or influencer
- Formatting and editing content
- Scheduling and planning travel or appointments
- Email inbox management, which may include replying to emails, sending out regular emails or newsletters, helping customers or clients, and more
- Organizing events and event planning
- Communicating with clients and/or customers
- Assisting with ordered equipment or supplies
- Calendar management
- Data entry
- Website management
- Creating or assisting with slideshows or presentations
- Creating and sending invoices
- Managing logistics
- Coordinating and handling Zoom calls and group chats
- Conducting research
- Accounting or bookkeeping
- Moderating online forums by creating topics to discuss, responding to comments, and so on
- Receptionist duties
- Personal errands (such as buying gifts or planning travel)
- Answering customer service questions and issues
- Administrative support, such as making phone calls
And the list goes on and on and on.
Now, not all virtual assistants will do all of these tasks. Like I said, virtual assistant is a broad term for anyone who works online assisting a person or business. So, what you do for your clients will likely vary from what another virtual assistant does for their clients.
In the next two sections, I will talk more in-depth about two different and growing types of virtual assistants: Pinterest virtual assistants and podcast virtual assistants.
What is a Pinterest virtual assistant?
A Pinterest virtual assistant is a more specialized version of a virtual assistant, and it’s a growing field as more and more business owners are using Pinterest to grow their business.
As a Pinterest virtual assistant, you would be helping businesses reach new customers on Pinterest by:
- Creating Pinterest images for your client’s business
- Helping business owners set up their Pinterest account
- Developing a pinning strategy
- Scheduling pins because this can be time consuming tasks for the average business owner
- Brainstorming a marketing plan to grow a business on Pinterest
Learn more at How I Started Earning $3,600 a Month As A Pinterest Assistant After Just 6 Months.
What is a podcast virtual assistant?
A podcast virtual assistant is a VA that specializes in helping with podcasts and assisting podcast hosts.
Podcasts are extremely popular right now, and it seems like everyone is starting a podcast.
There are over 2,000,000 podcasts, and that number continues to grow.
While the podcast host can record themselves, other tasks like editing and publication take time, so many podcasters outsource their work to freelance virtual assistants. Also, some podcasters may not know how to do those things, or they may choose to focus their time on other areas.
Some of the different services you may be responsible for as a podcast virtual assistant include:
- Audio editing
- Marketing and promotion
- Show note creation
Please head to How I Make $1,500 A Month As A Podcast Virtual Assistant to learn more.
What websites hire virtual assistants?
There are many different places to start when it comes to finding virtual assistant jobs. These include:
- Fiverr – For freelance virtual assistant jobs, Fiverr.com can be a place to start for entry-level virtual assistant jobs.
- UpWork – With UpWork, you can find beginner virtual assistant jobs. At the time of writing this article, there were 8,788 virtual assistant jobs listed on UpWork.
- Contact bloggers to see if they need any virtual assistance. A simple email introducing yourself and how you can help can go a long way.
- Simply asking around in your network is another great way to see if anyone needs a virtual assistant. Many virtual assistants then grow their business through referrals.
- Create a personal virtual assistant website that displays your services, testimonials, and so on. Then, be sure to share this link so that people can find you. It would be helpful to place it in easy-to-find places, such as on your Instagram or Facebook profile.
- Craigslist – By searching available jobs and gigs, you may find virtual assistant jobs.
- Facebook groups – Many people look for virtual assistants on Facebook, so this can be a great place to search and market your services. This may include joining blogging-related Facebook groups, sharing your virtual assistant website on your Facebook page and seeing if anyone needs a virtual assistant, and more.
- Freelancer – Freelancer.com posts freelance virtual assistant jobs, similar to how UpWork does. I did a quick search and I found many virtual assistant jobs all over the world.
Who hires virtual assistants?
There are many companies and people who hire virtual assistants. You may be working for:
- A website owner or blogger
- Real estate agent, broker, real estate firms
- IT companies
- Marketing companies
- Law firms
- Business startups
- Online businesses
- Stores, such as clothing stores, boutiques, and everything else
- Healthcare companies
- Podcast hosts
And the list goes on and on and on.
Pretty much all industries have virtual assistants because all of them have work that can be done online.
How do I become a virtual assistant online?
Here is a broad view of how you can become a virtual assistant:
- Think about what kind of virtual assistant you want to be. You may want to look at some of the job boards mentioned above to see what type of virtual assistants are needed so that you can get an idea of what kind of tasks you want to offer. Or, you can think about the kinds of clients you’d like to work for and figure out what services they need.
- Determine your rate and pricing as a virtual assistant.
- Find virtual assistant jobs and apply for them. This may include marketing yourself and looking for referrals.
- Getting hired as a virtual assistant.
- Doing the work and getting paid!
Some virtual assistant jobs may be one-time positions, but most of them will be regular jobs that you work on either a daily or weekly basis. That means they can bring in a fairly consistent source of income.
Are virtual assistants in demand?
Yes, virtual assistants are in high demand. More and more businesses are run online or from home, which means that a lot of tasks can be completed online or from home as well.
I expect this to be a career field that just continues to grow well into the future.
What skills should a virtual assistant have?
As a virtual assistant, the most basic skills are knowing how to use a computer.
Depending on your client’s needs, you may need to know how to manage social media accounts, create slideshow presentations, how to create spreadsheets, and so on.
Other beneficial skills may include:
- Good communication
- Organizational skills
- Being reliable (the company or person is paying you to complete your tasks, after all, and to make their life easier)
There are many skills you can pick up from other jobs that translate well into virtual assistant jobs.
What do I need to become a virtual assistant?
As a virtual assistant, you will need a laptop or computer, fast internet connection, email, and phone.
Different jobs may have additional requirements. Some may want you to be familiar with WordPress, Excel, email service providers, bookkeeping software, etc.
How do I find virtual assistant jobs from home with no experience?
You probably do have experience doing something that’s required of virtual assistants. Areas like customer service, data entry, human resources, administrative support, and so on all require similar skills to what’s needed of virtual assistants.
Think about the skills you have and how you can translate them into finding your first virtual assistant jobs. It’s all about marketing yourself.
Then, I recommend looking at platforms like Fiverr or Upwork. You can also reach out to business owners you know and see if you can build referrals that way.
Which virtual assistant course is best?
I highly recommend the $10K VA course. With this course, you can learn how to consistently make $10,000 per month as a virtual assistant.
$10K VA is is taught by a successful virtual assistant, so she knows exactly what she’s talking about.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Pitch a client so that you can find virtual assistant jobs
- Set your virtual assistant rate and even how to raise your rates over time
- Onboard your new virtual assistant clients
- How to protect your virtual assistant business
- Create a virtual assistant system so that you can make the most money
If you want to become a virtual assistant, and learn the exact steps that you need to take, then this is a great course to get you there.
Are virtual assistant courses worth it?
If you are wanting to become a virtual assistant, then I think taking a course is a great idea. This is because you can learn exactly what needs to be done in order to find virtual assistant jobs and make the most money.
Plus, a course will teach you things that you may not have thought of, such as how to create an efficient virtual assistant schedule, building a portfolio, creating a business plan, and more.
Due to this, I definitely think that taking a course can be helpful and get you started with a virtual assistant career as quickly as possible.
Are you looking for virtual assistant jobs?